The MP-63 iron is an evolution of Mizuno’s most popular tour iron. The legendary Grain Flow Forging process combines with an innovative Diamond Muscle design to create the perfect blend of feel and control in a "player’s cavity."
The design goal of the MP-63 was to retain the iconic head profile (head size, top line, offset, sole width), which Mizuno is know for and also prolific on the world’s professional tours, and make an improvement in feel and versatility.
Through the use of Modal Analysis, Mizuno studied vibration simulations of the head and experimented with several methods of affecting the sound and feel at impact. Numerous new concepts were then blind tested by Mizuno’s tour team, including Luke Donald, and the Diamond Muscle Design, which reinforces the head from heel to toe, was the clear winner.
The sole of the MP-63 includes the visible grind on the trailing edge for precise turf interaction that delivers complete shot versatility, and the progressive “player’s cavity” ensures playability in the long irons while delivering pin seeking control in the scoring irons.
- Diamond Muscle Design for amazing feel and precise ball control.
- Scientifically designed to optimize sound and feel at impact utilizing Modal Analysis and Harmonic Impact Technology.
- Patented Grain Flow Forged™ 1025E “Pure Select” mild carbon steel provide the ultimate soft, solid, and consistent feel.
- 360° grind top line and sole for pleasing look and ideal turf interaction.
- Modified U-grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition 2010, produce the ideal spin rate for maximum playability in all conditions.