Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, ispleased to announce the release of the Nikon Laser Rangefinder COOLSHOTAS, an ideal companion for golfers who are eager to improve theirskills.
The COOLSHOT AS will be added to Nikon’s COOLSHOT Laser Rangefinderseries. This new rangefinder, based on the COOLSHOT released in March 2012which is the standard model for actual distance measuring, incorporatesID Technology to make its Golf Mode capable of displaying slopeadjusted distance (horizontal distance ± height) to help golfers on asloping course.
This new, sporty and compact model that employs ID Technology allowsthe selection of four measurement display modes and displays height,horizontal distance and slope adjusted distance (horizontal distance ±height) in addition to actual distance.
The COOLSHOT AS features a high-performance, multilayer-coated 6xviewfinder and a large, easy-to-view eyepiece with long eye relief toenable the user to find a small target easily in a bright and widefield of view.
It is easy to switch between First Target Priority and Distant TargetPriority modes. In First Target Priority mode, the user can measure thedistance to a flagstick in front of a bush without confusing the targetwith the background. This is especially useful for an approach shot.
Moreover, continuous measurement for up to about 8 seconds ispossible by holding down the POWER ON/Measurement button – effectivefor measurement of the distance to a small target like a flagstickwithout worrying about hand movements.
As a high-end model of the COOLSHOT series, the COOLSHOT ASgreatly helps golfers to select the appropriate clubs even on uphill ordownhill holes.
- Measurement range: 4.5-550m (5-600 yd.)
- Easy operation enables measurement of actual distance,horizontal distances, height and slope adjusted distance (horizontaldistance ± height)
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontaldistance ± Height) which is a guide for how far you should hit the balland useful when golfing on a uphill/downhill course – ID(incline/decline) Technology
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlappingsubjects:
- First Target Priority mode displays the distance of theclosest subject – useful when golfing for measuring the distance to aflagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthestsubject – useful in wooded areas.
- Compact, lightweight and ergonomic design enables easy,single-hand operation
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating forbright, clear images
- High light transmittance for a brighter field of view
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Wide field of view (7.5 degrees)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- LED illumination for easy viewing of the display in darkconditions
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes), but not forunderwater usage; the battery chamber is water-resistant
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C