Nikon COOLSHOT 80 VR Golf Laser Rangefinder 2017
Nikon COOLSHOT 80 VR Golf Laser Rangefinder 2017
Free Shipping on ALL orders regardless of purchase price(Excludes PING). No promo codes needed. This offer does not apply to special locations and international orders.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the item in its original condition within 30 days of the order date for a full refund. This policy excludes shipping costs and international orders.
Need assistance? Click on the bottom right of your screen to chat with us.
Our website is equipped with SSL Technology and authenticated with Norton Secured Symantec to keep your information secure during checkout.
We provide only 100% authentic merchandise directly from the manufacturer.
No Sales Tax charged on orders placed outside of California.
|99×75×48||200g||CR2 lithium battery||Up to 1m/3.3ft. for 10 minutes||$399.99|
Nikon COOLSHOT 80 VR Golf Laser Rangefinder
Targeting stability. LOCKED ON function.
Easy measurement to the flagstick.
Employing Nikon's VR (Vibration Reduction) system, vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement are reduced*, and the irradiated laser is also aligned at the same time. Because you can direct the laser onto the target faster and more easily, the ease of measurement to a small subject like a flagstick is greatly improved; all achieved by Nikon's original technologies that are a fusion of VR Technology and high-performance measurement function.
With VR (Vibration Reduction) system
Reducing image vibration in the viewfinder enables you to hit the flagstick easily.
Without VR (Vibration Reduction) system
The image vibrates, unintentionally measuring the distance to the woods in the background.
* The effect of Vibration Reduction: Vibrations of the image in the viewfinder caused by hand movement (sinusoidal waves) are reduced to approx. 1/5 or less (Based on Nikon’s measurement standards). *
Locked on Technology
A new, easy way to indicate that the distance to the flagstick has been measured.
Picture the scene of an approach shot to a green with woods in the background, where you are not sure whether the measured distance is to the flagstick or to the trees behind it. LOCKED ON Technology displays the distance to the closest subject, the flagstick, and the LOCKED ON sign in the viewfinder appears to inform you at the same time. It is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- VR (Vibration Reduction) function employed
- LOCKED ON TECHNOLOGY*: LOCKED ON sign () informs you of the distance to the closest subject. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance to the closest subject is displayed with a LOCKED ON sign () in the viewfinder. For example, on a golf course, it is clearly visible that the distance to the flagstick has been measured even with trees in the background.
- Measurement range: 7.5-915 m / 8-1,000 yd.
- First Target Priority algorithm is employed. When measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed — useful for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background.
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- HYPER READ enables quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance
- Measurement result is displayed in approx. 0.5 seconds
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Large ocular for easy viewing (18mm)
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3ft. for 10 minutes) and fogproof ; battery chamber is rainproof
- Ergonomic design for comfortable holding
1. VR-function-employing model indication
2. Laser irradiation mark
3. Target mark.
5. LOCKED ON sign — First Target Priority detection sign
6. Unit of measure (m/yd.)
7. Battery condition
Nikon COOLSHOT 80 VR Golf Laser Rangefinder Product Specs
|Measuring accuracy *1 (actual distance)||±0.75m/yd. (shorter than 700m/yd.)
±1.25m/yd. (700m/yd. and over)
|Distance display : Increment||Actual distance: every 0.5m/yd.|
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||21|
|Actual field of view (°)||7.5|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.0|
|Dimensions (L×H×W) (mm/inch)||99×75×48/3.9×3.0×1.9|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||200/7.1|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V) Auto power shutoff function equipped (after 8 sec.)|
|Waterproof structure*2||Waterproof*3 (Battery chamber rainproof*4) / fogproof|
|MC||FCC Part15 SubpartB class B, EU: EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI class B, CU TR 020|
|Safety||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Produ
The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
Under Nikon's measurement conditions.
- Rangefinders may not be able to make a measurement due to raindrop interference.
- Waterproof up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes (but not for underwater usage).
- Rainproof − JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent (under our testing conditions)
Note: The technology behind the Laser Rangefinder with inclinometer originated from technology incorporated in Nikon’s Total Station DTM-1 surveying instrument.
The Total Station DTM-1, first sold in 1985, was the first highly advanced electronic model of those surveying instruments that incorporated a distance and angle measuring capability developed by Nikon Corporation.