Q1. What personal information do we gather?
In order to improve your shopping experience at Golfio.com, we may gather and store your personal information during the following activities:
- Creating an account with Golfio.com.
- Order Processing
- Sign-ups for newsletter on upcoming new products, services, and special offers
- Submitting product reviews
- Entering a sweepstake or other promotion
The only information you must provide to have your order processed are your first and last name, phone number, billing and shipping addresses (including street, city, and zip code), credit card information (including name on the credit card, credit card number, and expiration date), e-mail address, and log-in password. The information we gather from you is stored in our database on a secure server.
We do not request sensitive information such as a social security number, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from a bank or credit card, or a driver's license number.
Our server also gathers and stores site traffic information to helps us improve your shopping experience at Golfio.com. We do not share this information with any other parties.
The last symbol is used to reset the viewing position.
Q2. How does Golfio use my personal information?
The information that you provide to us voluntarily is stored in our secure customer database server. This allows customers to log-in quickly to their accounts to process their orders, and expedite the checkout process.
All information is only used internally to process customers’ orders and to comply with any legal requirements.
Q3. How does Golfio use my e-mail address?
Your e-mail address is an important communication key.
- It is used to create and log-in to your account on Golfio.
- It is used for business transaction related purposes such as order confirmation, shipping and tracking information updates, etc.
- It is also used by Golfio to communicate with you regarding your order concerns or to notify you with the results of sweepstakes you may have entered. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to us. We use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. We may post on the Site the names and cities of contest and sweepstakes winners. By entering a contest or sweepstakes, you may be opting in to receive our email newsletter and special offers and this will be disclosed in the official rules governing the contest or sweepstakes.
- In addition, we may use your email address to notify you about new product arrivals and special offers if you have signed-up for the newsletter.
We will not sell and/or distribute your email address to any company or individual who is not related to the order fulfillment process nor add your email address to any mailing list without your consent, unless enforced by law.
We will use your e-mail for Golfio’s business transaction related purposes such as order confirmation, shipping and tracking information update, etc.
We will not sell and/or distribute your e-mail address to any company or individual who is not related to the order fulfillment process nor add your e-mail address to any mailing list without your consent, unless enforced by law.
Cookies are small pieces of information that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser. Like many sites, this Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to personalize your shopping experience, speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
Q5. Are there measures I can take to protect my personal information?
It is important to educate yourself and take measures to help protect your personal information online. These measures include:
- Install and maintain the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Use complex passwords (i.e: a minimum of 8 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters)
- Do not share your password or other personally identifiable information with others.
- Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
- Educate yourself about online scams and threats.
Identity theft is a serious crime. It occurs when someone uses your personal information, such as your name, Social Security number, or credit card number, without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes. Recently, identity thieves have been sending phony e-mail and text messages in an attempt to lure customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as "phishing"). Many of these e-mail or text messages feature familiar language and company logos, and some may even go as far as showing exact copies of company website pages. The messages and websites attempt to trick people into providing personal information such as user name, log-in ID, password, credit card number, account information, Social Security number, and other sensitive information.
GOLFIO DOES NOT REQUEST PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CUSTOMERS VIA EMAIL OR TEXT MESSAGE. PLEASE NOTE THAT EMAIL AND TEXT MESSAGING COMMUNICATION IS NOT ENCRYPTED AND IS NOT CONSIDERED A SECURE MEANS OF TRANSMITTING CREDIT CARD OR OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION.
If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, text message, pop-up, or suspicious website claiming to be affiliated with Golfio, please contact us immediately at 1.877.746.5346.
Effective July 1, 2015.
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL Technology)
Golfio utilizes the most sophisticated security softwares in the market. All transactions are processed with the latest version of Secure Socket Layer Technology (SSL) to encrypt your information and ensure you the highest level of security available on the web.
When you supply us with personal information, we make a commitment to you that the information will be used for internal use only and no information will be sold, rented or loaned to any third party. This includes contact information like your name and Email address, financial information like your credit card number, and demographic information such as your address.
Golfio believes that trust of a credential depends on the confidence in the credential issuer. To see what we use to build this trust please click on the verified Norton Secured Symantec Link, where you can view our credentials of authentication.
When finalizing an order, you will notice a lock icon in the lower part of your browser which identifies that the connection is secured. You can also check for “https” in the URL bar to identify that a secured connection has been established.
Report a Security Issue
At Golfio, we take security and privacy very seriously. We want our customers to feel comfortable making any kind of transactions on our site, at all times.
If you believe you have found a security issue, email the details of your findings to email@example.com.